No matter your preference, there’s a healthy drink that can help anyone fall asleep!
The simplest of “recipes” here, your preference for sleepytime tea can change a lot on your tastes. The easiest way to make the best tea for you then is to let you pick the tea, and help from there!
Honey or sugar
Heat water to almost a boil, pour into a mug. Immediately add the tea bag of your desired sleepytime tea, alongside your sweetener of choice (honey is the best to maximize your sleeping!). After 5-6 minutes of letting the tea bag soak, you can remove it and drink it! For a stronger tea, use two bags instead of one.
While this is a recipe for homemade hot chocolate, any brand of store-bought packs can also work in a pinch. Just be sure to use warm milk as your base, since that will be one of the most important ingredients for it to work!
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped (just under 1 cup measured)
- marshmallows (optional but strongly encouraged)
- Combine milk and sugar in a small saucepan and place on the stovetop, begin carefully heating over medium heat (just don’t boil it!).
- While the milk is heating, place the chopped chocolate in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Take the chocolate out and stir it. Then heat for another thirty seconds, remove and stir. Continue to heat and stir the chocolate in 30-second intervals until just melted.
- When the milk is hot but not boiling, turn off the heat and slowly mix in the melted chocolate. Keep stirring until it is completely mixed. Pour into cups, add the optional marshmallows and prepare for a night of good sleep!
A Midnight Smoothie
Tea might be the most popular choice for a sleeping aid, but this smoothie can help anyone looking for a full night’s rest. Featuring the top ingredients to help you fall asleep quickly and easily, all it takes is some blending to make it happen!
1 cup kale
1 cup plain yogurt
1 ripe banana
1 tbsp almond butter
2 tsp ground flax seeds
2 kiwi fruits
1/2 cup milk
Blend it all together and then drink!