An easy way to make a healthy dinner for your heart! By using a slow cooker, you can add all your ingredients in the morning for a delicious dinner that night!
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (all visible fat discarded)
3 cups of sliced carrots (around 1 pound of carrots)
3 cups of chopped celery
2 medium zucchinis, cut into a medium dice
1 can low-sodium chicken broth
6 cups of water
3 bay leaves
2 teaspoons of an Italian spice blend
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of ground Black pepper
2 Tbsp of dried dill
1 (12-ounce) bag of wide egg noodles, cooked according to directions
- Add chicken breasts to the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker. Top with carrots, celery, zucchini, chicken broth, water, bay leaves, Italian spice blend, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Cover the slow cooker with a lid and cook until chicken is fully cooked, about 8 hours on low heat or 4 hours on high heat.
- Using a fork, remove and discard bay leaves from soup. Using tongs, transfer chicken to a medium bowl. Stir in dried dill. Turn off heat but leave soup covered to keep warm.
- Let chicken cool and then cut into bite-size pieces. Meanwhile, cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- To serve, portion noodles into the bottom of each bowl. Ladle soup over noodles and serve!
Separate the noodles when storing them as leftovers. Otherwise, the noodles will absorb the remaining soup broth.
Quick Tip: You can replace the dried dill with 1 cup of fresh dill to make it even more flavorful!