It’s that time of year again! Pumpkin bread is a household favorite, however, have you ever wanted a healthier variation? This pumpkin bread is made best with maple syrup and whole wheat flour. You can feel confident stepping on the scale after enjoying our version of this vegan recipe.
The following yields 1 loaf of bread.
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 FLAX eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup Almond Milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin spice blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups regular whole wheat flour
- Totally optional: ½ cup mix-ins like chopped walnuts or pecans, chocolate chips, raisins, chopped dried fruit…
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and syrup together together with a whisk. Add the flax eggs and whisk until blended.
- Add the pumpkin purée, almond milk, pumpkin spice, baking soda, vanilla and salt, and whisk to blend.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes.
- Allow bread to cool on cooling rack for 20 minutes prior to slicing.