- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- To create the caramel, place sugar in a saucepan over medium heat; stir sugar constantly until it dissolves, cook for about five minutes or until sugar turns golden brown. Do not overcook. Once the caramel is cooked, place in a 9-inch cake pan, tilt to coat the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, low-fat milk, egg substitute, vanilla and salt; mix with electric mixer until mixture is smooth.
- Pour custard mixture over caramel and place pan in a water bath.
- Place the cake pan into a large shallow baking pan. Fill baking pan with 1 inch of hot water to create a water bath.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until set.
- Remove cake pan from water bath and let cool. Once cool, refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, place a large plate on top of the cake pan and then turn upside down to invert. Serve.
- Calories 237
- Fat 0.4 g
- Protein 8 g
- Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Cholesterol 8 mg
- Iron 0.6 mg
- Sodium 150 mg
- Fiber 0 g
- Calcium 183 mg