Looking for the best foods that are recommended for healthy facial hair growth? This article is the perfect jumping-off point to grow the best mustache.
The Short Version
- Vitamin A and Beta A Carotene: keep your skin healthy, which will create the best base for hair growth. You can find these in egg yolks, carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, and kale.
- Vitamins C and E: help produce the oil that lubricates and moisturizes hair, making your mustache look thick and lush. These vitamins can be found in citrus fruits, green peppers, broccoli, almonds, sunflower seeds, peanut butter, spinach, and mangoes.
- Protein: the key to growing a better beard. This is one of your body’s key ingredients to hair growth. Make sure you eat enough fish, lean meats, poultry, eggs, rice, beans, and legumes.
- Vitamins B6, B12, and Biotin: Helps encourage more hair growth, and keep it from falling out. Another good reason to eat fish, poultry, eggs, nuts, brown rice, oatmeal, and wheat germ.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: are a major component of facial hair. Try to eat more flaxseed oil, walnuts, and fatty fish like salmon.
Good Tips To Keep In Mind:
As with everything else, your body works best when it’s hydrated. Staying on top of all the different things that can dehydrate you: heat, exercise, caffeine, alcohol, and more, can help make sure your facial hair grows at a normal rate and doesn’t become shaggy.
Try To Avoid Alcohol
It certainly won’t ruin your facial hair, but alcohol (especially binge drinking) can have a serious effect on proper facial hair growth, although that shouldn’t be the only reason to avoid binge drinking. If you do choose to drink, make sure you stay hydrated and try to give yourself a few days between drinking.
Think About A Facial Hair Oil or Soap To Keep It Fresh
Like any other hair, you can’t go wrong making sure it feels and smells fresh. Washing it with specially made soap from time to time can make it much cleaner and nicer for any significant others you might have.