It’s been stressed on the news recently that we should take extra measures to avoid spreading illness. Here are the top 5 recommendations gathered from doctors for stopping germs in their tracks.
- Treat your body well with adequate sleep and healthy foods. This boosts your immune system and makes it harder for cold & flu bugs to bother you.
- Wash your hands often with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds, scrubbing all surfaces of your skin. You might have heard this advice from childhood, but a reminder never hurts!
- Avoid touching your face. This bad habit can transfer germs from your hands to your nose, mouth, and eyes, which are the body’s weak points in fighting sickness.
- Routinely disinfect your living space and work areas. Daily activities can transfer germs from the outside world onto surfaces in your home. Doctors recommend regularly cleaning common areas to get rid of any germs family members might have introduced.
- If you know someone who is ill, do your best to avoid contact until their symptoms are gone. This can be hard when it’s someone in your family, but setting up a comfy area for them in another part of the house can help. If you become ill, avoid contact with family members and the public as well.
Let’s all do our part to avoid spreading germs!